The Empire Strikes First review by Bad Religion

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Bad Religion: The Empire Strikes First

This is the same great BR sound. The guitar has gotten a lot better, but it sounds a lot more like the old BR (which I personally like). It is hard, fast, and awesome. It is defenitly punk.

Greg may not be the best singer, but he is the only person that could be the singer for BR. His voice is perfect for BR's type of music. The lyrics are awesome like all of the other BR songs. The lyrics are defenitly political, which BR has always been, but this album is very very very political. All you George Bush fans stay away! The lyrics are great like I said. I personally don't know how they do it. Sinister Rouge is one of the best BR songs of all time. I've read reviews that say that the lyrics of the last songs are not good. It's crap!

This is a great album. It reminds me of the old BR which are great. Anyone who likes Blink 182, Green Day, or any other punk bands like that I would recomend you check 'em out. Either this album of No Control, their best. All the tracks are good, but the ones that stand out are Sinister Rouge, The Empire Strikes First, Let Them Eat War, All There Is, Atheist Peace, and Los Angeles Is Burning are the best. I know that's about all but I love those. My only complaint is Overture which is like a session song, I don't like those. I recommend you get it now, I know if mine were stolen I would buy it. It's great. Probably in their top 3 and my top 5. By the way sorry for any misspellings, bad speller.