A Call To Arms review by Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution

• Released: Mar 23, 2002

The first thing you'll notice about this album is it's unique style. This is pretty much what you get when you blend the acoustic and ska genres together. Also not only is the band only using acoustic instruments, but they have a very large variety of instruments, considering they have 15 band members (and possibly more in the future), it's almost a ska orchestra. If you're a big ska fan, you will love this band. If you're a Catch 22, the "Keasbey Nights" album, or Streetlight Manifesto fan, you'll be happy to know that Tomas Kalnoky and some members/ex-members of Streetlight are part of this band. "Keasbey Nights" fans will be happy since the album has it's own version of Dear Sergio, which have the edits from Streetlight's Keasbey Nights remakes. Also it's important to note that Streetlight's "Here's to Life" and "Dear Sergio" are actually covers from B.O.T.A.R.

Tomas Kalnoky is a brilliant song writer. He really knows how to express himself through his music with ease. He didn't go any different with this band, his lyrics are still as great and keeps his unique style of going at a tempo twice as fast as the rest of the band.

I've been listening to this album for the past few months and it just doesn't get old. My favorite song has to be "It's A Wonderful Life". You just can't help the happiness that catches you when you listen to it. Then I'd say "they provide the paint for the picture perfect masterpiece that you will paint on the inside of your eyelids". Yes the title is gigantic, but this song is probably the heaviest of the album, very comparable to Streetlight, which the band often covers the song live. I have to say the album could have been longer, 5 songs isn't enough when you consider that the Intro is really similar to "Here's To Life". Also if you're like me and you like to see bands live, the band has 15 band members, not many sound technicians would want to work with them. Still a great album to add to any collection.