The Walking Wounded review by Bayside

• Released: Feb 6, 2007
Bayside: The Walking Wounded

First impression - oh my goodness. This is one of the best CDs ever. I picked this up expecting it to be similar to the previous release, but it was far better. The opening track, "The Walking Wounded", opens with a hard heavy riff, then goes into a verse, with carnival music in the background. It has an amazing solo, and a real cool outro solo, too. Their guitarist, Jack O'Shea, is amazing. His guitar playing works perfect with everything. anthony's vocals are great too. The sound on this CD is like the previous one, times ten. The best tracks are "The Walking Wounded", "They're Not Horses, They're Unicorns", "Duality", "Carry On", and "Head On A Plate."

Anthony's lyrics are a lot less despairful then the last disk, and I'm pretty sure they've refrained from using profainity, too. The lyrics have a dark feeling, but they have hope and understanding, and offer a solution to the problems every band sings about. They fit real well with the music and Anthony's singing.

Dude, this CD delivers and then gives more and more then you expect. The guitar playing of Jack O'Shea is amazing. Actually, this whole CD is amazing. I don't mean to glorify it or anything, but it's really that good. For anyone looking for something new, you need to get this. For any Bayside fan, you shouldn't be reading my review of this CD, you should be listening to the copy you got release day.