The Walking Wounded review by Bayside

• Released: Feb 6, 2007
Bayside: The Walking Wounded

Bayside has been one of my favorite bands since the day I heard them. I loved all there CDs before, but this one is my favorite. The sound is more rock than emo.Jack is an amazing guitar player. Right when I heard the first track off of this album I knew I was going to like it. I don't think Bayside has gone too far from there roots.

The lyrics are great. They are definetly progressing in the lyrics. There is no profanity, not very depressing lyrics. Anthony Raneri is overall a great singer. However, I do not the lyrics and the meaning to Dear Your Holiness and Thankfully, because I am christian. But I still love these songs. But the lyrics too Choice Hops and Bottled Self Esteem are great. My favorite line off of the CD is "The healing power of alchohal/Only works on scrapes and knicks/and not on girls in seedy bars/ who drown themselves in it."

Overall this is a great CD. The melodies are catchy. The lyrics are good. This is the best CD from Bayside. The most impreessive songs on the album are The Walking Wounded, They're Not Horses, They're Unicorns, Duality, Choice Hops and Bottled Self Esteem, Head On A plate, Rite Of Passage, and (Pop)ular Science. I love the solos and the lyrics that make you think. And I think their drummer is very good. I don't hate anything about the album. If it were stolen or broken I would definetly buy it again.