The Walking Wounded review by Bayside

• Released: Feb 6, 2007
Bayside: The Walking Wounded

How can you even begin to some up what Bayside has been through over hte past year and a half. with the death of John (Holohan) Beatz it is amazing that bayside has surrived let alone come out with a new 12 track album. Many thought that the album would show a darker more sad side of Bayside but surprising as always came with an almost happier approach. When I heard the first three songs on the album "The Walking Wounded", "They're Not Horses, They're Unicorns" and their single "Duality" I heard the old Bayside I was expecting but then I also heard an almost glam style resembling, bear with me P!ATD.

Catchy lyrical lines "Who let who let this feeling die? I can't get you outa my head" can easily get stuck in your head but also some "Deeper" ones such as "cut cut cut cutting myself down to pieces too hard on myself it would seem that everything could see my self worth but me" show that they are true lyrical geniouses. Lead singer Anthony Raneri, doesn't have the truest voice, but shows an edgier rougher voice that I've personally grown to love. The music blends excently with the upbeat, downbeat and the upbeat flow that the new album shows.

I highly suggest this album to anyone who is a fan of any old bayside, smoking popes and/or chiados. I know chiados is a little out there but for some reason whenever I hear the album I think of them so I'm putting them in their anyway! If both my coppies of this album were stolen or lost I'd steal one of my friends three copies even though it's already on my iPod. I sing to it in the shower. my personall favorite songs are "Carry On", "Dear Your Holiness" and "Landing Feet First" I would like to close saying if you would like any bass tabs off the album, or any questions about anything email me at fauxfear@aim.com, my AIM is fauxfear. Also in the CD holder in every CD I hope you read the bottom, "This walking wounded is dedicated to the memory of john beatz. Our brother, bandmate and best friend. We miss you and we hope we've done you proud." Not taking anything away from new drummer chris guglielmo, he does an excellent job, but RIP Beatz.

Welsh Guitar
    They're Not Horses, They're Unicorns has a massive personal meaning to me, it's my favourite song ever probably. And that's saying A LOT coming form a massive music nut like me.
    Side Effect
    This is a great CD. A lot of songs that will get stuck in your head all day and just all around good music. I really like Anthony's voice.