Criterion Collection [DVD] Review

artist: Beastie Boys date: 09/02/2004 category: compact discs
Beastie Boys: Criterion Collection [DVD]
Released: Nov 21, 2000
Augmenting 18 videos with more than 100 camera angles and remixes old and new, the 2-disc set brings Criterion's attention to detail and quality to bear on some of the most hilarious and visually creative music clips ever.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 8
 7.8
 9.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Criterion Collection [DVD] Reviewed by: refusedparty, on september 02, 2004

Sound: Let me just say this: the sound on this DVD sounds better than the sound on the CDs. I don't know how they keep doing it but the Beasties just keep raising the bar. The music styles in this are classic Beasties: 18 videos of pure hip hop and hardcore bliss. The sound gets even better though because despite having 18 classic songs on it, it also has 40 remixes! Now that's worth the 10 I paid for this! // 10

Overall Impression: Of all the music DVDS I own (Metallica, RATM, Korn, Queen), this is easily the best. The most impressive thing about about is how much they've crammed into 2discs! As I said, 18songs, 40+ remixes, interviews and mini films, plus 100s of video angles! In a way there's too much, but that's never a bad thing! If it were stolen, I'd steal it back or I'd save up and head off to the shops and buy it again! It is worth it. // 10

Comments