Licensed To Ill review by Beastie Boys

• Released: Jan 1, 1986
Beastie Boys: Licensed To Ill

The Beastie Boys instantly became a hit after there first release single "Fight For Your Right". Before this album I thought that the Beastie Boys were just a bunch of kids cursing up on the stage. This was a break through album, and probably there best. The sound of this album really explains what fun means. Like "Fight for your Right", they are trying to send a message that says, stand up for what you want, don't let anyone bring you down. There were numerous hits on this album. "Fight for your Right", "Brass Monkey", "Girls", "No Sleep Till Brooklyn", and "Paul Revere". All these songs are trying to tell you to have fun and do what you think is right. They have powerful meanings to these songs.

The lyrics to this album are a little more on the adult side, but fun and has a good tune to dance to. These lyrics are powerful and meaningful to me. They want to do whatever they want. They were trying to reach out to people and tell them to fight for your right. When I first listened to "Brass Monkey". I started dancing and laughing at the same time. Those lyrics are ment to be fun, which I thin was the message that the Beastie Boys were trying to send out. I rate this a perfect 10.

This album was probably their best album. This album gave me the impression to not be shy and dance. Don't be afraid to give your own opinion. The Beastie Boys are a great inspiration to those who are shy and afraid to stand up for themselves. If you buy this album I think you will understand that they were trying to say, to take a chance and give it your best shot. I rate this overall impression a perfect 10.

the~truth
    wildchild6660
    the~truth wrote: Definitely one of the best hip-hop albums of all time...and it must be noted that Rick Rubin produced this album (along with Reign of Blood the same frickin year!!! best producer of all time)... But isn't this review like...um 21 years too late? lol
    Ultimate guitar was around then. And what have you got to say about the the hendrix and beatles reviews?