A Garage Dayz Nite review by Beatallica

Beatallica: A Garage Dayz Nite

Beatallica, reading that you might consider it a joke but Beatallica are actually a real band. Fusing the heavy distortion and James Hetfield's singing style with typical Beatles songs but twisting names a little. They even have twisted stage names to be a fusion of The Beatles and Metallica. Their is the singer who's stage name is Jaymz Lennfield, a fusion of James Hetfield and John Lennon. Guitarist Grg Hammetson, a fusion of Kirk Hammet and George Harrison. Bassist Kliff McBurtney, a fusion of Cliff Burton and Paul McCartney and lastly drummer Ringo Larz, a fusion of Ringo Starr and Lars Ulrich. Beatallica's sound is unreal, their thrashing out classic Beatles riffs in distortion and I mean distortion as in Metallica style. On their version of Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (which they renamed Sergeant Hetfield's Motor Breath Pub Band), the classic introduction is topped with distortion and used through a Wah-Wah Pedal! I'm going to give their sound a steady eight as it's just fantastic, being a massive fan of The Beatles and also a fan of Metallica hearing the two collaborated is awesome. From start to finish this album does not let you down, with it's comical genius of the fusion also down to the sheer genius of the collaboration.

The lyrics, a ten, they are absolutely superb the way that they have re-written them to make them just as much The Beatles sounding as they are Metallica. They are fun, energetic and easy to follow. The singer's skills are good but seem to be too much of a mimic of James Hetfield nevertheless this project being a collaboration of the Metallica and The Beatles he had to mimic one or the other. I think that it is really great how they have succeeded in making such a brilliant project and have used the lyrics and the music respectively and very well. I can't help but say that the music is clearly heard as well as the vocalist which being a perfect section must be a ten.

Overall I'm going to give them a nine, which is excellent even putting in to perspective the fact that they are just a project and a tribute band in a sense. They have excelled on this album and I prefer it to Hell! However Hell! Is a great album it just doesn't have the same vibe that A Garage Dayz Nite has. Hell! Is more of a thrash album in places on songs such as We Can Hit The Lights. If this album was to be lost or stolen I would definitely buy it again and not just because it's a fun album but because it's a collaboration of two of the greatest bands to of ever touched the surface of the earth. The most impressive songs of the album have to be Sergeant Hetfield's Motor Breath Pub Band just for the sheer genius of using one of the most distinctive guitar intro's ever with maximum gain and a Wah-Wah Pedal! Also Everybody's Got A Ticket To Ride Except Me And My Lightning which is a fusion of three tracks (Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey, Ticket To Ride and Ride The Lightning) but the intro riff is unbelievable, if you thought the riff off Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey couldn't get any better it just did, it's now become a thrash metal track!

mosh_rocker2006
    kaptink
    mosh_rocker2006 wrote: Sounds pretty lame to me...if you're going to make music why not do it!...oh but instead lets just splice pieces of work from 2 great acts so we can be cool b/c we're totally not!!
    Its a novelty really rather than a "real band". they carry of the Merge quite well though.
    ArcherTheVMan
    they well kick arse lol, i wonder if they realised how big theyd get by doing it? even metallica themselves think they're awesome.
    Taker
    The album's not for sale. You just download all the songs off their site.
    scarfacesuit
    hmm.. i'll listen to them before i deal judgement, but i'm not sure if i like the idea of the beatles being desecrated by metallica, or metallica being turned poppy by the beatles. i'll listen though...
    shrediquette
    I downloaded the first song...garage days night, and it was BRUTAL. I suppose this is supposed to be some kind of joke but still, the immitation of james' voice is a bit over the top, i dunno, i guess everyone has different tastes but i wasnt feelin' it
    halffast
    I've known about these guys for a while. I think they're pretty cool, and Metallica has their blessing too, which is cool. Beatallica was in danger of being sued some time back, and Lars actually paid for their legal fees and provided them with lawyers.
    Slayer_Guy
    *downloads songs* sound pretty damned good, they merge the songs together really well, it's a lot better if you're a metallica fan AND a beatles fan. A good listen
    jamiedonnelly93
    thats why they do it for me