Guero review by Beck

• Released: Mar 29, 2005
Beck: Guero

Well, it's Beck. If you're reading this article, you most likely already know his sophisticated sound. And this album is no exception. It is a mix of everything he has done in his career, in my opinion. No, it's not as groundbreaking as Odelay, but it's sound is very different and matured than ever before.

Beck would never win American Idol, but then again who cares? Beck just does his own thing and "raps" into his microphone. No, it's not Beastie Boy like rap, but there are times where Beck will just bluntly talk into the microphone. It's so easy to just get caught up in the album and just start singing along, his voice compliments the music better than ever.

I am a Beck fan. I have four of his albums and they are all very different from each other. "E-Pro" is probably one of my favorite songs on this album, with a verse sounding like the Beastie Boy's single "Whatch'ya Want?" Other stand out tracks include "Girl," "Scarecrow," and "Go It Alone" (which has a guest appearance by Jack White on the bass). If you're a hardcore Beck fan, buy this album, if you're just starting to get into Beck, buy this album!

Nirvana12390
    How is it his worst album? You would have to explain. Because I cant find anything wrong with it.
    Ely Rosetta
    It cant be, because it would have to have been beck that wrote it instead of his filthy rich lazy alter ego.
    peanut head
    beck is one of the most innovative artists Ever and that shines through quite well on geuro!