Terminate Damnation review by Becoming the Archetype

• Released: Aug 30, 2005
Becoming the Archetype: Terminate Damnation

There is a lot to be interested in here. It is very doomy and very loud deathy doom metal with some symphonic black metal utilities. There are a lot of keyboards in use especially sounding good in the intro to Epigone. They will go from loud and raucous to soft and lucid at many points in a song which allows for some interesting musical contrast. There are many melodic passages is all of the songs so anyone can listen to them no matter what genre of metal they like!

The lyrics are usually important to me with any band. Except Becoming The Archetype. It is hard to even understand what is being said but I am sure it is good. The singer growls in a sort of voice like none I have evr heard. It is almost like Cannibal Corpse mixed with Breaking Benjamin if that sounds strange well I one hundred percent agree with you. They are supposed to be a christian band and I am agnostic so the lyrics don't matter to me but they are probably slightly preachy.

BTA are an interesting band because of their unique style of playing. If anyone knows who they are the most closly relate to Scar Symmetry and Demon Hunter. On their next album they had some normal singing and that would have been nice to have heard on this album but, you know how it is, you can't get everything you want. Go buy it! And buy it for your friends and your family and complete strangers! You'll enjoy!

Nightfyre
    "The singer growls in a sort of voice like none I have evr heard. It is almost like Cannibal Corpse mixed with Breaking Benjamin if that sounds strange well I one hundred percent agree with you." How about a flat-out roar as a way to describe his vocals? i'd love to be able to do that kinda vocals, but my vocals don't project well yet. and yeah, it really is kinda like breaking benjamin's occaisional.. growlish thing (hardly a roar in their case), but lower in pitch and with much more body to the sound. it's loud as anything too. Fantastic album, I love it all. I wonder why the songs on the new cd are on average so much shorter? its kinda weird, i liked the long songs...
    castoo
    never heard cannibal corpse, and i love breaking benjamin's singing... but i don't know how it ben burnley could ever be in a metal band... LOL i'm thinking about buying this album
    Draconey
    This CD in my opinion is the best metal album that is out there.... This album has really influenced me in how to look at the metal genre!
    pigrectum
    Well, you see. there is a very Christian meaning tho this name. Their name says it all. According to Genesis 1:26, "God said, 'Let us make man in our image'". Since Jesus was the only person to ever live a sinless life, He is the ultimate archetype (or original design) of humanity. As a result, the life of a Christ follower is all about being conformed to the image of God or in other words; becoming the archetype. And yes, Terminate Damnation is a BIT of a bold name, but i believe it is ok.
    DaMetalMaverick
    94 hours wrote: 4Key wrote: I haven't listened to this yet, but my first thoughts about the band's name, and the albums name don't exactly ring "Christian" to me. "Becoming The Archetype" and "Terminate Damnation" are phrases that conjure thoughts I believe the church has tried to supress for more than a few years... Just my opinion, I will give this a listen anyways. ...and the thing about terminate damnation is just saying that the end is coming so be prepared
    No, it's pretty much what metaljunkie said, end being damned to hell.
    ifeastonbums wrote: I didn't really care for this album that much other than the acoustic instrumental song I don't remeber what it's called
    Why are you commenting then??? [quote][b]