The Physics Of Fire review by Becoming the Archetype

Becoming the Archetype: The Physics Of Fire

This is the second album from the progressive death metal outfit Becoming the Archetype. This band has a unique sound, unlike anything else out there. This band combines uber-fast machine gun riffs, melodic guitar harmonies and piano interludes. This makes for a great mix and some very interesting music which rarely becomes boring. All four members of the band are experts at their chosen instrument and there quality and creativeness shine throughout this album. Also there are some top notch guitar solos in every song.

Becoming the Archetype are a Christian band, and this becomes obvious when you hear there lyrics (or rather, as you read them). Throughout this album there are references to christian issues. The band uses fire as a metaphor for Jesus and being frozen as a metaphor for being a person who does not follow or love Jesus. This album would still be listenable for a non-christian however as most of the type the actual words are inaudible unless you really concenrate on what is being said. This is because of the low gutteral dfeath metal screams of frontman Jason. There are however sections of clean lyrics unlike in the last album, sung by guitarist Alex.

Overall, this is a very strong effort from a very good band. It easily beats there previous album, Terminate Damnation, despite the fact that that album was brilliant. The most impressive songs from this album are the opener Epoch of War, the crushing immolation, constuct and collapse and the eight minute epic Balance of Eternity. These maybe the standout tracks however I could have selected any of the tracks to be must listens, these are just my personal favourites. If this album were stolen or lost I would definately replace it as soon as possible as it is constantly in my CD player. Becoming the Archetype are swiftly "Becoming" one of my favourite bands.

Nightfyre
    metalbassist12 wrote: Then I guess it was the day after .... all I know is that FYE's greatest deal was selling thier CDs for 10 bucks a piece and then after the show the entire band signed them (I bought 2). But yes I guess I was mistaken.
    haha, yeah, i have an autographed copy of terminate damnation. i saw them the sunday night b4 the cd came out, so i don't have my copy of physics signed... yet.