The Physics Of Fire review by Becoming the Archetype

Becoming the Archetype: The Physics Of Fire

One of the members decided to leave the band and it is kind of noticeable even though it shouldn't be. It was the keyboardist who left and now Count Seth is doing the keyboarding. Epoch of War starts out the record nice and heavy and melodic so the death metal side of the band lives on. I'm not sure I like the backing vocals added by Alex because they sound a little too nice. If they were moreintense like the vocals of the Soil singer then it would be very intense.

As an Atheist the Christian side of life does not interest me in the least. I respect it but shy away. The lyrics are very hard to recognize because Jason, I think it is, has a very deep and opaque growl. His performance on this record is about the same as it was on the first CD but it seems as though there is less ultra-deep growling. I liked his Mikael Akerfeldt vocal on One Man Parade and I wish there had been more.

This is a pretty good sophomore album and at the rate BTA is going, they will definately make it past grad-school. If you bought the first album, this one should be on your list of CDs to purchase. It was just good all around and the first video for this band is off this album. The song Endure has a video and you can watch it on YouTube. he best songs are Epoch of War, Immolation, and Endure.

Draconey
    This album was not as good at the first one but it has some of the best rifts in the metal genre from the insane harmony rift in the song "Epoch of War" to the crazy solo in the song "Endure".... this CD is possbily one of the best metal CD in the world!