Burying Saints Review

Genre: Metalcore, Melodic Death Metal, Deathcore
Label: Self-released
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Burying Saints Reviewed by: leosilvera, on may 28, 2013

Sound: I've been listening to Before The Torn for quite a while now and believe they are a terribly underrated band. Unfortunately, there are plenty of bands with talent that never get noticed beyond a very small fanbase. If you are a fan of dual guitar leads, breakdowns, screamed vocals and essences of many metal genres, this album might satisfy you. Before The Torn's music is mostly comprised of melodic death metal, metalcore and deathcore (Not the Suicide Silence deathcore, more like the Within The Ruins and All Shall Perish deathcore). The end result is good old fashioned European death metal that is great to listen to. This album was released a few years ago and is hard to pinpoint due to the band's lack of popularity. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are not exactly anything unique or emotionally moving. The lyrics mostly dive into the subjects of war and dark fantasy. I often like these kinds of lyrics cause they can be interesting and different. While there aren't many mind boggling or reality altering messages but some of the lyrics in "Burying Saints" (title track) and "My Last Words" are nice to listen to. Not bad to sing along to as well (if you can pull off the screams). It's a good album to listen to when you're training or exercising or maybe writing a fantasy/war novel. // 8

Overall Impression: All in all, I believe this is an album to get if you would like a sound that can be in between In Flames, Within The Ruins, Sunless Rise, All Shall Perish, Children Of Bodom, Engel, Parkway Drive and Soilwork. It might be something completely different depending on how you interpret it. This is another album by another band that has been rumored to be broken up due to their lack of success. Overall, I think my top 5 on the album would be: - The Fall of Hope - Burying Saints - Endless Calling - My Last Words - The Sentence Alright, well that's my review, my first one too. You can find this album on iTunes at a low price compared to others.

// 9