Demigod review by Behemoth

• Released: Nov 8, 2004
Behemoth: Demigod

The production for this album is excellent. Unlike many black and death metal bands, all the intruments cut through and theres no trouble hearing individual parts. Some people complain about this, being "over-done" but I think for death metal it works great, theres so much going on it and it doesn't sound like a silly mess. Behemoth has a really original sound. Most of the songs are quite sped up, but there are some songs such as "Conquer All" that slow it down, along with other parts in other songs. Some acoustic interludes are thrown in as well, such as the beginning of "Sculpting The Throne Ov Seth," a breath before the plunge. They're really well done and this works perfectly. I really have no complaints about the sound, its flawless.

The lyrics on this album are wonderful, though you'll have a tough time understanding them through Nergal's unrelentlass growls. They are great though and typically deal with historical themes, and all the songs are explained in the booklet that comes with the album, ala Nile. Though they are great, one has to feel this really was done before with Nile, and at times it feels maybe they take it a bit too far. None the less, they fit great with the onslaught that is the music and I have no major complaints.

Just a great album, good for getting into heavier metal with too. Behemoth and Nile truly lead the way among death metallers today, along with such other acts as Cryptopsy. The drumming is absolutely disgusting, and during a few times in the album you may find yourself open mouthed going "how did he just pull that off?" The guitar work is excellent as well, one must only look to the sweeping solo of "Conquer All" If you're checking Behemoth out for the first time, this is a good album to start with, and I'd reccomend listening to "Conquer All," "XUL," and "Sculpting The Throne Ov Seth," all excellent songs, you should listen if you're new to death metal. Experienced death metallers must check this band out though, as they're at the front of the pack when it comes to extreme metal.

threebillion6
    I personally like Demigod as well. The beginning just really takes me somewhere, then the blasting comes in from Inferno. It's one of the more insane albums i've heard. I also hear that Tim Yeung of Vital Remains can really challenge the drumming from Inferno. Vital Remains latest album "Dechristianize" Includes Glen Benton from Deicide for vocals, I know because I saw both bands in concert. Both were excellent as always. Well thanks for the review, nice knowing there's some other Behemoth fans out there. They are excellent in concert also. Great stage presence.