Demigod review by Behemoth

• Released: Nov 8, 2004
Behemoth: Demigod

The first song on this album will blow your mind. It starts off so peaceful, then bam! Your ass is ravaged by insane blast beats (Inferno) and heavy riffs laid down by Nergal of course. I saw these guys perform songs from "Demigod" and I can't say I'm not impressed. Then with the title track, Demigod, it takes you back to almost medival viking roots with the intro then more insane drumming. If you want an album that will scare the living shit out of you, this is perfect.

Although you can't understand the lyrics when Nergal is growling them out, this is one for the viking metal fans. With lyrics like "None ov thy empty gods, shall ever stand above me" this is truly a viking metal album. And if you like growling, this is an album to reckon with.

This album compares with no other band I've heard. Behemoth has their own original sound that comes out in "Demigod" and "Conquer All". I love all the songs on this album. The thing I don't like is partly the growling. It's very unique, but, frankly, it scares me too much. If this were lost I would buy it again, if it were not on my computer already.

jwb89
    The War Machine
    there are other adjectives out there than great and excellent. and though inferno has incredibly fast double bass, he's not the most impressive in other areas. but for what he can do on kick drum alone, props to him.
    Millenium
    "Then with the title track, Demigod, it takes you back to almost medival viking roots with the intro then more insane drumming.
    Actually the song takes you back to the roman-era, according to Nergal.
    King ofKumbucha
    jwb89 wrote: Can you say ****ing perfection!! This is definantly one of my favorite albums ever. Its like a guilty pleasure for metal fans, ripping guitars and blistering solo's, ****ing insane drumming and ungodly fast double bassing and on top of that, some downright brutal vocals. No other band can compare to Behemoth.
    How is it a guilty pleasure?? I blast this from my friends car with pride.