Thelema.6 review by Behemoth

• Released: Jan 1, 2007
Behemoth: Thelema.6

In 2001, Behemoth released what has come to be the sound of purest evil. Interested? You should be. Every album Behemoth has ever done has sounded different which is good, in my opinion, because it means that you can listen to each album almost as a separate band. This album is certainly a very interesting one. It kicks off with the chilling line "We would like to see most of the human race killed off because it is unworthy, it is unworthy of the gift of life." This is followed by the instruments kicking in and already you are spellbound. That really says something about the band, the fact that thye can captivate you after a few seconds of audio. This song is called Antichristian Phenomenon and there certainly is a sense of there being an anti-religious theme on this album. Track 6 (my personal favourite) is called Christians To The Lions. If you are new to Behemoth, don't lump them in a group with Deicide just yet. Deicide are much more in your face about the whole 'we-hate-religion' thing that they got goin' on. Behemoth are more intelligent and cryptic in their meaning and that gives them a depth that plenty of modern Death Metal bands lack. Each song is noticeably different which is very welcome for a Death Metal album. Overall, if you buy this, you will not be dissapointed.

Nergal is a great frontman. He ranks among my favorite frontmen of all time because he stays fresh. I don't mean like vegetables, I mean every single album that Behemoth put out, Nergal sounds ever so slightly different. This album is no exception to that trend. Put a Thelema.6 song next to an Apostasy song, for example, and you can clearly hear the difference. I'm going to give Nergal a 9. Now for the lyrics. They're not always perfectly clear but I'll give you a little taste of Christians To The Lions: behold bastard son I am the evil one no glory to be reached no more thy slavery the passion I besieged spawn terror smash thy will ye pale dominion fades away my will dominates I think that says it all really.

If you, like me, love Behemoth, this album will be a welcome adition to your catalogue. If you, like me, love Death Metal, this album will be a welcome adition to your catalogue. Unless you fall into those two brackets, you are unlikely to enjoy this. However, if you do fall into one of those two brackets (or both), I urge you to buy this album. It isn't their best album but it is excellent. Listen to either Antichristian Phenomenon or Christians To The Lions and you'll see what I mean. Enjoy.

krvolok
    Zos Kia Cultus is better than Thelema 6 and Demigod is better than Zos Kia Cultus and The Apostasy is better than Demigod and Evangelion is better than The Apostasy notice a trend?
    krvolok
    Soundservant wrote: The Apostasy was better than Demigod?
    Yes,Demigod has the over-the-top vocal arrangements and The Apostasy has At the Left Hand Ov God,Inner Sanctum Kriegphilosophy now you will say something likeemigod is more,a lot more technical conquer all etc.. The songs on The Apostasy are just more "rounded" than those on Demigod.
    Echoplex
    thrashmonkey
    Echoplex wrote: I have Evangelion, but I could only get into a few songs. The liner note are pretty cool though, but it seems that Nergal really has a thing against Christianity.
    no shit. The guy ripped up a bible onstage. But I love Behemoth, I should check this out.
    Conorhstone
    Nergal really has a thing against Christianity.
    krvolok
    Jesus has a thing against christianity,o ye modern day Pharisees
    klemaniac
    Conorhstone wrote: Nergal really has a thing against Christianity. The crusades thousands of people died because of religion, world war 2 thousands of people died because of religion. Religion creates hate
    Stop preaching.
    metallifreak77
    ^ Lol yes, please save your sermon father! Besides, we create hate, and just use religion as a reason to hate even more. Without religion we will find some other reason to kill each other, like because of musical tastes. Anyways, Behemoth kicks my ass. Hope to finally catch 'em live sometime soon
    Galvatron
    Great band in the studio and in a live setting. It is a joke that this album has a rating in the 6's.