Nano-Nucleonic Cyborg Summoning review by Behold... the Arctopus

• Released: Mar 8, 2005
Behold... the Arctopus: Nano-Nucleonic Cyborg Summoning

The band's sound varies throughout the album like at the beginning, Exospacial Psionic Aura, is a pretty good opening track but I don't think it is heavy enough. It sounds like there was a mute put on the disortion of the guitar. After that, the band really heavys out and jams like crazy. The first time I heard the album, I couldn't tell one of the guitarists was playing a warr guitar. A warr guitar is a kind of uugly thing that has a small body and long neck about 6 inches thick in some places. They usually have about 12 different tuned strings. You don't exacly walk away humming the music after the first couple of listens but I certainly admire the band's creativity.

Behold The Arctopus is an instrumental band and don't sing. However, if they did sing, they could come up with some quite exuberent lyrics. What the hell do I rate this as? I'll stay consistant.

BTA are kind of like early Metallica or Anthrax mixed with Venom without vocals. The amps are relatively normal sounding for the dist. settings, but BTA are still able to make an impressive sound. I really like Estrogen/Pathogen Exchange Program and You Will Be Reincarnated As An Imperial Attack Spaceturtle because of the humor involved and the sound of both songs. They both are pretty heavy and the guitar work on E/PEP is pretty phenominal. I give it a 9/10 for the creativity involved not only in the music but also in the theme as well. The one, okay two, things that bug me about this album is that it is not really an album. It is more of a test run to see what the world thinks. There are only five original songs on the album and some live tracks. They also really should have a vocalist to make some lyrics. They could be quite funny. If they did, BTA would really start to go places.