Jehovah's Hitlist review by Bender

• Released: Apr 25, 2000
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Bender: Jehovah's Hitlist

Being an alternative/hard rock band, Bender heavily used guitars to create the sound on this album (although the first track, "Superfly", uses electronics extensively as well). The songs range from hard ones, such as "Dig It Boy" and "Sharon Stone", to calmer material, such as "Passion Flower" and "Seizures" (one thing I will say is that I've heard some people bashing the singer's vocal quality, I personally don't think it's that bad).

The lyrics are a bit of a sore point for me with this record, as they really aren't that good in my opinion. It's as if he's placing words in the song just to rhyme. I know that other bands have lyrics that don't make sense, but their lyrics are at least a bit more complicated then the ones found here. Of course, if one could find out what they meant, it'd help, but given the fact that the band is relatively unknown and hasn't done much since this album (which was released in 2000), that's easier said than done.

I must confess that I first heard this band through a PS2 game called "ATV Offroad Fury", which featured both "Superfly" and "Isolate" in it's soundtrack. I was impressed enough to buy this album, and am glad I did. The two songs that have stuck with me the most are "Isolate" and "Seizures", although "Superfly", "Fresh Daddy" and "Passion Flower" are good too. One last note I'll make about this album is a second sore point for me. The simple fact is, although this is a good album, it lacks innovation. In other words, nothing really separates it from the other bands that are like it out there. Still, if it were stolen, I would probably buy it again.

Alice2Mudgarden
    I love this album. I also heard this band originally from ATV Offroad Fury. The songs were excellent. I love all the songs on this album. Although, I do love the critique of this album and I think there are many valid points made. But I still think it is a great album, it may, at first, seem as just like another modern rock/pop album but it has great songs.