In Loving Memory review by Beneath the Sky

• Released: May 11, 2010
Beneath the Sky: In Loving Memory

I, personally think this album was a blast. It has awesome beats, riffs and breakdowns. Joey Nelson's screams are intense, and the clean vocals are amazing, like usual. Most hardcore bands break downs are slower, but BTS has changed that in some of the songs, some of them are faster, some of them are old school slow. Also, I would liek to point out that Beneath The Sky IS NOT A CHRISTIAN HARDCORE BAND! Listen to their lyrics, or look them up. Trust me on this, they aren't Christian whatsoever.

The lyrics are amazing in this album. The song "Terror Starts At Home" is about fathers raping their daughters. The lyrics are pretty intense, if you ask me. One line in the song goes "Its time for eye for an eye, cut the f--kers d-ck off!". Another song on the new album; "Sorry, I'm Lost" is about not being bought into religion, with a little twist of what happens after we die. "A Tale From The Northside" is another song that stand out. It talks about the singer and how he was being held at gun - point about to be robbed in the city streets of Cincinnati, Ohio (the home town of the band) and why he thought those "bass ass street soldiers" would do it. Those, to me, are the few songs that stick out the most. Joey Nelson's screaming is crazy. His highs are enough to shatter windows, and his growls are intense.

This album doesn't really compare to any other artist. Sure, BTS, screams and has breakdowns like alot of other hardcore bands, but that doesn't make them that similar. My top fave songs from this album would be "Sorry. I'm Lost", "Terror Starts At Home", and "Embrace/hidden track". The thing I love about this album is that BTS hasn't changed. They broke up for awhile, got back together and created another awesome album. I didn't really hate anything about this album, but I should point out that the clean vocals sounds a little different from their previous albums. I could be mistaken, but thats just me. If this album got lost or stolen, I would most likely buy it again, or download it.

super collasal
    well no shit they aren't christian, they wrote a ****ing song about a father raping his own child
    EpiExplorer
    Also, I would liek to point out
    i herd u leik mudkipz. Anyway, its just recycled material from some other band they've decided to sound like.
    soulsablaze
    Demonikk
    :facepalm: BTS manage to sound exactly how a stereotype would have you imagine Terrible band, terrible record, terrible review.
    Panasonic3
    gl.tch
    This review told me absolutely nothing about what this album sounds like, in the slightest.
    b4t3man
    Panasonic3 wrote: funny how knowing people can change what you think about what they do. went to high school with most of these dudes, and knowing them makes their music seem un-generic . maybe we should think about the people who write the shit before we start bashing what they do. aweful review. sorry. try talking about what the songs sound like, instead of "they have riffs and breakdowns and aren't christian."
    Well yeah, if you were friends with them then of course you would think their music isn't generic. It's difficult to judge music objectively when you're friends with the people making it. This album isn't very unique at all.
    huevos
    Panasonic3 wrote: funny how knowing people can change what you think about what they do. went to high school with most of these dudes, and knowing them makes their music seem un-generic. maybe we should think about the people who write the shit before we start bashing what they do. aweful review. sorry. try talking about what the songs sound like, instead of "they have riffs and breakdowns and aren't christian."
    Even if you have a personal connection to the band, that doesn't mean their music isn't generic. There music being bland are what makes it bland. And tbh, BTS are quite bland. I'm still surprised that these faux-metallic hardcore bands are around. New decade, new trend! Yay!
    SensesFail_dude
    EpiExplorer
    SensesFail_dude wrote: sorry that this review didnt help anyone, i tried my best... no one else has done it, so i thought i would. my tabs are alot better than my review though. besides if you dont liek this type of music, then why even read it? idk it just doesnt make sense to me
    Cuz people look for new music all the time, so anything featured on UG usually gets a listen. But then again, not everything is well received.
    griffo110
    the screaming is so completely awful just generally by this band on every recording they have ever done and now on this record
    iH8CarAccidents
    soulsablaze wrote: And yet another ____ the ____ band name. There seems to be a lot of them going around. most of them being deathcore which I can't stand
    There's also a lot of "Oh ___ " or just one word repeated twice like Attack! Attack! of Cash Cash! Both are annoying. Except Oh, Sleeper. I like them.
    Palm*
    I was a bit disappointed by these guys. The day the music died was bloody f-ing masterpeice and is one of my favourite records. Theyve lost their unique way and the clean vocals dont sit right with me.
    SensesFail_dude
    i agree, but a ____ the ____ band isnt as annoying as a band that has to repeat the same word twice. i mean to me it just seems like their fans are retards and needs everything repeated twice haha