In Loving Memory Review

8.7
 4.7
review (1) 15 comments vote for this album:
In Loving Memory Reviewed by: SensesFail_dude, on june 11, 2010

Sound: I, personally think this album was a blast. It has awesome beats, riffs and breakdowns. Joey Nelson's screams are intense, and the clean vocals are amazing, like usual. Most hardcore bands break downs are slower, but BTS has changed that in some of the songs, some of them are faster, some of them are old school slow. Also, I would liek to point out that Beneath The Sky IS NOT A CHRISTIAN HARDCORE BAND! Listen to their lyrics, or look them up. Trust me on this, they aren't Christian whatsoever. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing in this album. The song "Terror Starts At Home" is about fathers raping their daughters. The lyrics are pretty intense, if you ask me. One line in the song goes "Its time for eye for an eye, cut the f--kers d-ck off!". Another song on the new album; "Sorry, I'm Lost" is about not being bought into religion, with a little twist of what happens after we die. "A Tale From The Northside" is another song that stand out. It talks about the singer and how he was being held at gun - point about to be robbed in the city streets of Cincinnati, Ohio (the home town of the band) and why he thought those "bass ass street soldiers" would do it. Those, to me, are the few songs that stick out the most. Joey Nelson's screaming is crazy. His highs are enough to shatter windows, and his growls are intense. // 9

Overall Impression: This album doesn't really compare to any other artist. Sure, BTS, screams and has breakdowns like alot of other hardcore bands, but that doesn't make them that similar. My top fave songs from this album would be "Sorry. I'm Lost", "Terror Starts At Home", and "Embrace/hidden track". The thing I love about this album is that BTS hasn't changed. They broke up for awhile, got back together and created another awesome album. I didn't really hate anything about this album, but I should point out that the clean vocals sounds a little different from their previous albums. I could be mistaken, but thats just me. If this album got lost or stolen, I would most likely buy it again, or download it. // 9

Comments