What Demons Do To Saints review by Beneath the Sky

• Released: Jan 23, 2007
Beneath the Sky: What Demons Do To Saints

Beneath the Sky has lots of nice little riffs thrown in between all of the constant barrage of the low notes. Not exactly the hardest stuff ever, but it is a bit heavy to say the least. Not exactly hardcore, or whatever they've decided to brand it these days, but it is still alright. Bits of piano mixed in with singing and the raspy screams in Being in A Coma is like Hell Carried On is different, but I'm not sure if it's 100%.

Lyrically, this album gets a little old. They tend to repeat themselves, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it gets agitating. One thing I noticed was a heavy Christian influence in their lyrics (The Reason). Again, not necessarily a bad thing, but they need to expand a little. His style of screaming and growling took me a while to become accustomed to, because it is so raspy and sounds like his throat is bleeding or something. Not exactly Johnny Davy but still, he's got some talent. Already though, I think he may have developed throat cancer because there is a lot of softer singing throughout the CD.

Probably the most popular and impressive song on this album is 7861, and for good reasons. He's not screaming about Christianity. He's screaming about an actual life-changing event that happened. This song uses break(down)s more appropriately than a lot of hardcore style music does. Also, it has some better riffs. The thing I love the most is that they aren't the slow, 99.69% breakdown style of hardcore that is popular amongst the mallcore rats today. The thing I hate the most is that they like God too much. And despite the rising amount of hardcore Christians today, I still find it wrong, since a lot of original hardcore and pre-hardcore came from Satanists and anarchists and people who didn't give a crap about any religions. If it were lost, I think I might consider replacing it. Or I might just download 7861 and get it over with.

padley2006
    as if im the first one to comment this band.. there awsome.. i agree with chAosismyname.. there lyrics are repetetive its kinda the first thing i noticed as i always look up lyrics when listening to a new band.. i think this band is gunna get big.. there riffs are amazing and there screaming is top notch.. not the best in the world but it fits the song.. id reccomend this to any1 hu listen to hardcore/death metal!! excellent buy!!
    Pretty_Much
    wow. you in the review you sound like you hate it, why did you give it high reviews then? but, this is a very good album
    Shredder Guitar
    heres some lyrics from the song "it all ends with a smile. "Let's watch it burn... Why must you feel the need to question anything(everything)? Would it kill you not to have the answers? if so? I'd rather keep my mouth shut. **** you." doesnt sound like they like god so much haha