Alaska review by Between the Buried and Me

• Released: Sep 6, 2005
Between the Buried and Me: Alaska

I absolutely Love Between The Buried And Me. They have a unique sound that nobody else could pull off. BBAM can go from brutal death metal to straight up jazzy laid back stuff. All of the instrumentation on this album is incredible, everyone of the members is a very accomplished musician. Anything from sweep picking arppegio's to chromatic breakdowns, this band has it all. This CD is absolutely phenominal.

BBAM has a very talented singer. He can actually sing. Many people are thrown off because a lot of their songs start off with death metal/black metal style growling and screamy vocals. But if you were to actually listen to a whole song you would find that a lot of them end with beautiful epic singing. The lyrics are also very well-written they can go from death metal gore lyrics to enchanting balads of love in an instant.

In my opinion this is BBAM's best and matured release. But you would assume that's expected of them though, right? But this record is nearly flawless. My favorite songs would probably be the title track "Alaska" and the epic twisting turning brutal "Selkies: The Endless Obsession." I absolutely love the jazzy breaks and melodic interludes they have. If this CD was lost, I wouldnt even think twice before running up to the store to buy another copy. And if this CD were stolen I would either hunt down the theif, or I would just buy another copy. It's completely worth every penny spent, it's so good, I would actually pay more than what their selling it for. Trust me, this CD is perfect for any fan of death metal/melodic death/hardcore/metalcore. It's breath-taking.