Alaska review by Between the Buried and Me

• Released: Sep 6, 2005
Between the Buried and Me: Alaska

Wow. This CD is absolutely amazing. I had listened to a few songs before getting the actual album, and it's even better and some songs are more mastered. The band is doing big things and I think could be the next big metalcore band. I recommend this to any fan of metalcore/hardcore. They're so creative, going from screaming breakdowns to art-like solos and chromatic runs. The timings may be wild and the sound may baffle you at first, but it's all part of this masterpiece band known as BTBAM. No flaws at all.

The singer's lyrics are absolutely phenomenal. The one that stands out to me is from my fav song, "The Primer". "It's 2005, welcome to perfection" and "We all just want to f--k." Even though it's not 2005 anymore, he talks about real life things that kids who listen can relate to, as they should, these guys command attention. They're so hard to catagorize, but that's the great thing. I've always been a fan of bands that were unique and different.

Again, this CD is just awesome. No words can describe it, I've gotten so much more into them and listening to the CD just adds to it. My favourite songs have to be again, "The Primer", for it's beautiful intro and outro harmonic runs, coupled with the death metal sounding chords as backup. It makes you feel so calm, yet fills you with rage at the same time. Another example is on "Alaska" which is another great solo intro, and the song itself is mind-blowing. I cannot say enough good things about this band. If it were lost, I wouldn't hesitate one second to go buy another. I had to scramble for money to buy it the first time, but I'd buy it again and again. It's just amazing. This is arguably one of the best metal CDs to come out in a long time and I think it will be hard to follow.