Alaska review by Between the Buried and Me

• Released: Sep 6, 2005
Between the Buried and Me: Alaska

They're Between The Buried And Me. They're not trying to be the heaviest band in the world. They're not trying to be the most hardcore band in the world. They're not even trying to be the most technical band in the world. They're trying to be unique, and they succeed. In all the styles of music that they perform in, they do it all well. They're progressive, they're death metal, they're metalcore, they're jazz, they're soft rock. In all areas, they impress. Between The Buried And Me is brutal and emotional, and there's nothing wrong with either of those.

I can relate with pretty much all the lyrics on this album. Tommy Rogers writes his emotions and opinions in very unique ways, and it has influenced my style of writing a lot. The Primer has great lyrics, and so does Selkies. For the most part, Tommy writes about problems with the country and his love for music. Tommy Rogers has a wide range of vocal skills. He can do death metal screams, metalcore screams, soft melodic singing and falsettos. He does them all in this album.

They're not comparable to anyone but themself. This album is definitely the best that they have put out. Although it's their best album, it doesn't mean the other albums aren't good. They set out to accomplish the same unique sound they had in earlier albums, but took a bigger step in the "talent" department, to go along with their creativity. This is my favorite album ever, and this band means so much to me. There is flaws, like in all albums by all artists, but none that I'm willing to exploit because I'm simply not bothered by them. I would buy the album again if it was lost or stolen, even if it was going at the price of $50. Get this album if you like metalcore.

shinguards13
    flawless musicianship, amazing vocals, and just phenomenal music. BTBAM is the best metal band out there, hands down. 10/10
    RedDeath9
    Haha how about Progressive Metal? It's hard to stick these guys into a genre. This album is amazing.
    m3tal_fr3ak
    These guys look so ordinary but play so fuking insANE!!they have definitly inspired me ,i mean alaska's sweepings are crazy man!
    jonisHxCyeah!
    yeah, i think prog-experimental-metalco re would fit them pretty well.
    alaska's sweepings are crazy man!
    yes this is very true. amzing live
    corruptjustice
    They rock harder and better than anything I've heard, great timing, great guitar, great bass, great vocals.