Between The Buried And Me review by Between the Buried and Me

• Released: Apr 30, 2002
Between the Buried and Me: Between The Buried And Me

Between The Buried And Me is one of my favorite bands ever. When I first heard them, it was material off "The Silent Circus," and I was blown away by the amazing sound of it. Between The Buried And Me is the only band I know who can go from fucking heavy metal to soft jazz, and it actually sounds good. Then I heard their new album "Alaska," and I was blown away again. It blew "The Silent Circus" right out of the water. Then, I heard from my buddy that they had a self-titled debut album to. I knew right then and there I had to have it, so I picked it up. It only has 8 songs on it, but each song is extremely long and unique in their own way. An absolute brutal assult of heavy guitar riffs, fast paced bass playing, technical drumming, and screaming lyrics. This album makes "The Silent Circus" look like nothing. Everyone who likes these guys should listen to this album. This album shocked the fucking hell out of me. I love this album. In my personal opinion though, "Alaska" is a tad bit better, but "The Silent Circus" is a child compared to this album. Nothing here but heavy metal, and that's how it should be.

Between The Buried And Me's lyrics are always something that has interested me. They are so dark, yet so emotional. You can empathize with every word spoken. If you don't believe me, listen to the first song on the album,"More Of Myself To Kill," and you'll understand. What else can I say, the lyrics kick major ass, just like the band.

This is one of my most loved albums of all time. Every song on this album is a materpeice. I couldn't possibley pick a favorite song off this album because they all fucking rule. I bought this album for $5.00, and I think it's worth much more than that. Buy this album, you will not be dissapointed, I promise. For fans of Between The Buried And Me, this album makes "The Silent Circus" look like a joke. I still like "The Silent Circus," but this album kills it. This band never fails to blow my mind, and this album was no different. Keep up the good work guys, you rule!

seventyXseven
    my god ...id like to see you emancrasher play mordecai or alaska or something by these guys. because you know what you probably cant even understand the musical/lyrical genius that is BTBAM. And no one will ever match them.
    carrotcake
    I agree with boyan89 and seventyXseven, but alaska and mordecai are one of btbam's easier songs to play, on bass that is.
    Agent_00Funk
    BTBAM are hands down one of the most amazing bands ever. Best ive ever seen live cause they play exactly like they do on the CDs.