Colors review by Between the Buried and Me

• Released: Sep 18, 2007
Between the Buried and Me: Colors

Everything on this album tops standards of even some of the best professionals in the business. All of the melodies, breakdowns, guitar solos, percussion, keyboards and growls are made into one perfect mesh of brilliant creativity. This record definitely deserves to win some awards. There hasn't been an album this good in a long time, maybe since I've been alive. I haven't stopped listening to it since September 18th.

You have to buy this album to fully appreciate the lyrics. They are much deeper than the ordinary metal-esc lyrics you here now-a-days. They touch on issues of society, personal differences and psychological dilemmas. Tommy's "singing" has definately changed over the years, since their humble beginnings in 2000. It's gone from a stressed, high-tension squeal to a more heavy lower growl. The singing passages are nothing short of amazing. Truly, the vocals in this album are a show of exceptional skill beyond the reach of the average metal band.

No one can compare to how great they are. My favorite track list: Ants Of The Sky, Foam Born, Sun Of Nothing, Viridian, White Walls, Prequel To The Sequel (guest vocals by Adam from Fear Before...), Informal Glutony. I would run to the store and steal it out of someones hand if this were stolen from me or lost. To tell you the truth I took it from a guy while he put it down to get money.

Protestfan
    I completely Agree GO BTBAM GO
    jpgilbert701 wrote: yeah BTBAM, Protest The Hero, and The Human Abstrt are probably the best bands in this genre.
    PerpetualBurn
    ordinary_story
    Andraysexy
    I actually thought Informal Gluttony had a Repentance feel to it, but thats just one listeners ears talking. That aside, I cannot fathom the sheer skill displayed on this album. Tool is my favourite band, hands down, and 100% of my favourite bands (The Mars Volta, Protest the Hero, The Fall ofTroy, Rush) are no where near on the heavy side of the market, but something about BTBAM attracted me. I cannot pinpoint exactly what it is about the album, but buy it. Just, buy it.
    carrotcake
    ordinary_story wrote: Anyone notice the similarity between Informal Gluttony and Home by Dream Theater??... same middle eastern sounding intro...and similar rhythym after the intro...chek out the tabs of both of them to see wat i mean..
    haha.....yeah, I see a similarity
    MrBucket
    [quote]BlackOmniusSG wrote: i like how on white walls towards the end they totally spit in dragonfjust realised it now ha
    shadowsofbodom
    Colors is one of the best investments one can make. I was lured into BTBAM's interesting style of music during the alaska era and i now own silent circus, alaska, and colors. This cd has proved to me that bands can still retain their style and be so amazing with new material. I especially love the continuation effect of their cd's, one song leads right into another. I had some trouble finding out where songs began and ended the first couple times thru, but i didnt really care. The cd was so good that i just couldnt resist coming back to it for another run every couple days. I saw BTBAM live in kentucky and they played colors the whole way thru..... purely AMAZING. They play flawlessly, but dont get into their material all that well. They seem almost bored with the amount of focus they have on precision. All in all, colors is kickass and BTBAM is one of my favorites.
    MiNd.FreAk
    I like Metalcore and all... But i never liked the singin in BTBAM! Their music is AMAZING but i can't listen to them much cause of the singing :\
    leper_affinity
    I can't understand why they get labelled Metalcore?? Progressive death metal seems a much more appropriate tag (if you HAD to put one on them)
    leper_affinity
    Forgot to add, incredible band. Got Alaska about a week ago and listened to it non-stop. Colors arrived in the post this morning, and I'm loving it so far (Ants of the Sky? Absolutely brilliant name for a song! Kinda Mastodon-esque) Anyway, anyone who likes brutal music with some intelligence, vision, depth and incredible musicianship simply HAS to check this band out, no question about it