Colors_Live [DVD] review by Between the Buried and Me

• Released: Oct 14, 2008
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 9
Between the Buried and Me: Colors_Live [DVD]

Between The Buried And Me has really done an awesome job with this dvd/cd and I personally think that it sounds much better live than the studio work. Between The Buried And Me is the most innovative and progressive band to date and with each new release they keep getting better and better. BTBAM is innovative because they mix all genres of music together and they are able to switch from each genre when they need to and they never miss a note when doing it.

Content — 10
Colors_Live comes with a audio CD of the Colors set. The DVD contains two sets which are: Foam Born: (a) The Backtrack, (b) The Decade Of Statues, Informal Gluttony, Sun Of Nothing, Ants Of The Sky, Prequel To The Sequel, Viridian and White Walls. The second set witch contains 6 songs from various albums of their past and the songs are: Mordecai, Ad A Dglgmut, Aspirations, Shevanel Cut A Flip, Selkies: the Endless Obsession, and Backwards Marathon. Yes, it does come with bonus features including: colors live documentary, colors live photo gallery, colors studio footage, colors album trailer, video interpretations, art interpretations, tommy's interpretations, and contest winners interpertaions. it's a lot of bang for your buck.

Production Quality — 9
The production quality is very good but could of been a little bit better. The only reason I say that is because in like 2 songs there are a split second of technical difficulties but it's not BTBAM's fault because they were just playing so I am not sure why they are there but they do not effect how the music sounds. It is flawless except for that.

I would have to say that it is the best live DVD I have ever seen and I have seen quite a few of them.I pre-ordered it and it came with a shirt so I wouldn't re-buy that but I would re-buy the dvd/cd if I got lost or stolen. If you are thinking about buying it then buy it don't download it because that is illegal and it makes the band loose money. Overall the DVD is amazing. Just buy it. You wont regret it.

korbhag
    I pre-ordered it like 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received it...
    C O B H C
    To all those complaining about the second set not being on the CD , a member of the official BTBAM forum ripped the audio basically the day it came out.. Head over there to download it. I haven't had much time to sit down and watch a long-ass concert as of late, and as a result I've only watched the DVD a few times since the release. However I find myself listening to the audio daily aha.
    hugh20
    GREENWARRI0R wrote: I just love this CD. Only gripe I had about it is that Dustie never moves, lol and that the second set wasn't included on the CD. Mordecai sounded so awesome live on the DVD. So did Backwards Marathon and Selkies... but ah well. DVD is killer, and I've watched it too many times now. Love these guys.
    Dustie has a back problem, that's why he never moves much live.
    espguitar//
    [Arran]
    jibran
    to DudeI'mOnAlesse I know how you feel. That would have made it for me even more...
    DudeI'mOnAlesse
    anyone else a little dissapointed alaska wasnt on the second set list? i consider that my favourite song of any album
    kdcisgod
    the dvd is wicked ill. my only complaint is the camerawork picking wrong shots at the wrong time and stuff you don't get to see the sun of nothing intro or the bluegrass solo at all other than that this thing is ill
    Dregen
    jetfuel495 wrote: i was about to buy this the other day, but i thought "wait, i should save my money for gears of war" but then my cousins xbox broke, so im taking gears2 from him, and im gonna go buy this. sweet.
    Gear of War 2 is meh anyways. It wasn't really that great. I played the campaign through a couple times and that was about it. Shame I wasted 60$ on it.
    Steel Skins
    I creamed my pants when I got the original cd, imagine how I felt when I watched this. Lets just say I needed a mop.
    James TH
    good call
    Amuro Jay
    DrPants PhD
    "The only reason I say that is because in like 2 songs there are a split second of technical difficulties but it's not BTBAM's fault because they were just playing so I am not sure why they are there but they do not effect how the music sounds." Longest sentance ever.
    jibran
    BTBAM is truly the shizz. Sweetass dvd, one of the coolest in ages.
    Dregen
    Jibran, your review was SPOT ON how I felt about the entire thing. On another note, the DVD is pure epic. I watched everything on it in one sitting the first day I got it.
    GREENWARRI0R
    thirdeye_15
    yes agreed i would love the 2nd set for the ipod , but "you kant always get wat you want"... an yes this is probably one of the best concert dvds in my collection... and that says alot... i was pretty bummed aswell during the epic ending of selkies the stupid camera man was all shakey n shit, keep the eyes on the prize!!! That being where the action is at!! haha, but still they played oldies and my fav Backwards Marathon... for 14.99 CDN , i have no room to complain...
    HelpTravesty
    It's good, but I wasn't as impressed with their performance as I was when I saw them live. Just minor annoyances, like the first review said. I really wish they would have put the second set on audio CD. I wouldn't mind forking over the extra few dollars to have those songs.
    [Arran]
    espguitar// wrote: [Arran] wrote: Both sets were fantastic. When I bought it, I'd only heard Mordecai and Selkies from the second setlist. I loved the rest, especially Ad A Dglgmut. Definitely worth the money, and I can't wait for The Great Misdirect. fo shur. i love that part of 'Ad A Dglgmut' abot 3 minutes in where it breaks into the melodic solo and then clean vox
    I love that part too Although I'd have to say my favourite part of the song is the last riff, which gets slower and slower. ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL. 'You can't follow me, you sing a long to nothing'