Colors_Live [DVD] Review

artist: Between the Buried and Me date: 10/28/2008 category: compact discs
Between the Buried and Me: Colors_Live [DVD]
Released: October 14, 2008
The band played two sets during the concert - the first included the band's most recent Colors album in its entirety and the second was of previously released songs. The DVD includes both sets. The audio CD contains only the band's performance of Colors.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 8.5
 9.8
 9.6
 9.9
Colors_Live [DVD] Reviewed by: jibran, on october 28, 2008

Sound: Right off the spot, this live DVD contains two sets; one featuring songs from the Between the buried and me's prog-metal epic 'Colors' while the other one is a selection of songs considered classics by fans. As a bonus, there is also an audio CD of the first setlist and a special sampler disk for an upcoming band courtesy of Victory records. The performance is incredible; the songs from the first set are performed without gaps, perfectly emulating the behemoth that is 'Colors'. Very few mistakes are made by the band, and most of them are forgivable, as you put into mind they are playing 63 minutes of music nonstop. The actual music featured is featured is great, matching the feelings and moods of BTBAM's albums. One change which is noticeable is the switch from Ibanez to PRS guitars which somewhat changes the tone of the leads but is otherwise perfect in conveying the crunching dissonance of the breakdowns and the liquid sweeps. The mix is fairly good, not letting the vocals overpower the other instruments and allowing the bass to quite prevalent which makes for good quality sound. // 9

Overall Impression: This is absolutely essential to BTBAM fans. This DVD is definitive proof of BTBAM's skill which will excite die-hard and casual listners alike. You must commend the North Carolina team to come up with a DVD of such great quality while still staying true to the music which defines them. And by the way: BTBAM rules! // 10

Colors_Live [DVD] Reviewed by: btbam420, on october 28, 2008

Sound: Between The Buried And Me has really done an awesome job with this dvd/cd and I personally think that it sounds much better live than the studio work. Between The Buried And Me is the most innovative and progressive band to date and with each new release they keep getting better and better. BTBAM is innovative because they mix all genres of music together and they are able to switch from each genre when they need to and they never miss a note when doing it. // 10

Overall Impression: I would have to say that it is the best live DVD I have ever seen and I have seen quite a few of them.I pre-ordered it and it came with a shirt so I wouldn't re-buy that but I would re-buy the dvd/cd if I got lost or stolen. If you are thinking about buying it then buy it don't download it because that is illegal and it makes the band loose money. Overall the DVD is amazing. Just buy it. You wont regret it. // 10

Comments