The Silent Circus review by Between the Buried and Me

• Released: Oct 21, 2003
Between the Buried and Me: The Silent Circus

when I first heard this album it just blew me away. with the heaviest complex riffs to the scoreing leads and to the most beautiful sounds ever created from a prog. metal band. I really love how they expanded their music by playing all types of different styles like metal, hardcore, thrash, hardcore punk, and jazz. they did a good job putting all that in. I also love how every song sounds different. I mean what more can you say they have two fantastic guitarists paul and dusty but nick actually recorded the silent cirus. tommy rogers an insane singer and also very good at singing mellow vocals. and the bass and the drums.

the lyrics are great!!! every song talks about a different thing. my favorite set of lyrics from the songs are camilla rhodes, mordecai, and espically the need for repetition. tommy rogers is a very good singer I love his screaming voice it just sounds different from other screamers and it sounds great. I love how he can do high, low, and mid screams, and also he can sing the cleanest vocals.

in my opinion I think this album barely compares to other albums espically colors but we are not talking about that lol. this band is definatley starting to create their own type of style.I just love the way they bring in all sorts of styles, there is really no negative excpet that the recording was kinda of bad but that's ok that's why they play live shows haha.if it were stolen I would find the person who has it and take it back. if it were lost I'd probably just buy another one.

DewdPerson
    That album is amazing. Not one bad song on it. Not to mention Mordecai being one of my favorite BTBAM songs.
    Shredder Guitar
    In reality, the first part of Ad A Dglgmut is just undecipherable grunts. The song title, and vocals, suggest that even noise and random words can be considered music. Great message really, i love it.
    maiden666pwns
    i need to know how to pronounce Ad A Dglgmut! in colors live they say it like Add A Digglemutt but im not sure. I love that song though