Blackened Sky review by Biffy Clyro

• Released: Mar 10, 2002
Biffy Clyro: Blackened Sky

Biffy Clyro create an alt-rock sound combining heart felt guitar lines with crunchy distortion and unique sounds not used or thought up before. The sound is original and unique. Influences seem to be drawn from modern rock bands and the grunge era of Nirvana and Alice In Chains without actually managing to sound like them. The sound is untouched and simple guitar lines should be merited for being able to produce an original and innotive creation.

Lyrics are fantastic and can be unfaulted. While they may not be traditional they manage to be original and catchy - catchy not being pop annoyingly catchy but it certainly manages to stay in your head after only one listen.

Biffy Clyro are the new wave of British alt-rock. They create a unique sound unheard of before and combine sense and senselessness all in one record. Standout tracks are 'The Go-Slow', 'Christophers River', 'Hero Management' and '57'. If I lost the CD I would certainly replace it as it is undoubtedly one of my favourite CDs in my collection. Lets hope this band gets the recognition they deserve.