Blackened Sky review by Biffy Clyro

• Released: Mar 10, 2002
Biffy Clyro: Blackened Sky

This album stands out so much because Biffy Clyro have a completely unique sound. You can hear some elements drawn from bands like Nirvana but in reality they are nothing like Nirvana at all. What's great about this album is that you can tell all the songs are by the same band because of their style but you don't get that feeling that 'this song is the same as the one before'. The drums throughout the whole album are fantastic, the basslines are good and not just the same as the guitar like a lot of popular music. The guitaring really is great though. At a lot of points you're like, that's not one guitar!

The high pitched screaming put me off a couple of the songs on this album at first, but I gave it a chance and it has grown on me. Works really well. Lyrically this album is absolutely amazing. I cannot fault it anywhere, Simon Neil is a great lyricist. Some of my favourite lyrics ever are by him. The vocal harmonies between Ben and Simon on this album are amazing as well.

This album, along with Vertigo and Infinity are among my favourite albums ever. I cannot honestly pick out standout tracks on this album, they are all so amazing. Not a single bit of filler on the entire album. If this album was lost I'd most definitely buy it again.

Legendary_Inc
    Agreed, i love this album, how were they not picked up sooner? Still its nice to still be able to catch them in small venues. Saw them at Bham academy on the 13th Awesome!! Mon the biff!
    calger14
    I thought 57 was the best but I listened to it again and found 27 is just epic!!!