Infinity Land review by Biffy Clyro

• Released: Oct 3, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Biffy Clyro: Infinity Land

I ordered Infinity land in after reading a good review in Kerrang without ever hearing them before. They are a grungey, punk sort fo rock band. It's hard to explain as it's a very different and individual style. kind of like Nirvana (in the pop-rock sort of perspective, and maybe also lyrically) crossed with maybe At The Drive In. Very different, for me anyway. At first I wasn't sure but it really grew on me and now I think it's pretty good, although I don't like it when the lead singer screams, I don't believe he has a very good rock scream and it sometimes seems like a waste of talent because he has an amazing voice. Not bad. 3.5 but you can't put that so I'll put 3 I guess.

The lyrics are fairly good with soem very deep meanings. Lyrically this is where the album stands out, the lyrics are pretty good. The singer has an amazing voice and as said above should use it more often, not the best rock scream.

Overall, for an order in album form a band I'd never heard I think it's a bit of a score. It's always good to have something very different stored away and I've found myself listening to nit a fair bit lately. I like so many different styles of music from Nirvana and Pearl Jam, to The Beatles and Oasis all the way to Slipkntot and Stone Sour with every rock band in between I spose. Overall it's a fairly good buy and if you want something different to break away form your regular style, give it a good listen a fair few times and you will find its well worth having. Once again I wanna put 3.5 because it's better than average, but it's not quite a 4, so I have to put 3.