Only Revolutions review by Biffy Clyro

• Released: Nov 9, 2009
Biffy Clyro: Only Revolutions

It Seems that after 2007's Puzzle, Biffy Clyro have taken a more mainstream approach to their music, however this hasn't taken it's toll on their sound. The first song on the album is The Captain which is a great opening track, with a 20 second build up of what appears to be stomping or clapping it then breaks in to the riff with violins added in, which Biffy have chosen to use on numerous songs such as The Captain, That Golden Rule and previous songs like Living is a Problem... overall the sound of the album is Great and might sound poppy at some points but that's just them trying to break mainstream.

As with Any Biffy Clyro album, some of Lyrics Don't quite make sense, Such as Born On A Horse where some lyrics are: you could be my acid queen until the end of time you can have it all you're stuck in the middle reason one and all, I was born on a horse that's all I Don't quite understand what simon is talking about but the lyrics don't matter as much as the melody as the voice, which he pulls off flawlessly. The lyrics at times shown aggression with songs like cloud of stink, but can also ooze serenity like the philosophical God & Satan.

My Overall impression is that Only Revolutions an amazing album and I would definitly buy it again if I had to. I think most people will agree that Biffy Clyro have not disappointed it's fan base and have proably gained some more with this pop-rock effort.