Here Come The Waterworks review by Big Business

• Released: Mar 6, 2007
Big Business: Here Come The Waterworks

When you think of heavy fuzzed-out riffs, Black Sabbath, Kyuss, and Fu Manchu come to mind. Now there's another name to add: Big Business. The L.A. duo released their second full-length album, Here Come the Waterworks, on Hydra Head Records. This 8-track, 40-minute-long album is full of some of the heaviest riffs and most furious drum beats you'll ever hear. The band is officially a two-piece, with vocalist/bassist Jared Warren and drummer Coady Willis, both of whom are now in the Melvins. The band recruited Get Hustle guitarist David Scott Stone to play guitar on the album. The result: One of the best and most refreshing albums I've heard in a long, long time; it's also one of the heaviest, and by heavy I don't mean they sound like Slayer. Some of the standout tracks include Grounds for Divorce, Another Fourth Of July... Ruined, and Hands Up. However, the album as a whole is excellent. Each track has colossal riffs, supplied by not only the guitarist, but also from Warren's tuned-down bass. The tracks are fueled by Willis's insane drum beats, and Warren's commanding vocals.

There's not too much to say about the lyrics. There were some good lines, but nothing that sticks out as I'm writing this. Warren's vocals can become a bit boring at sometimes. He doesn't seem to change pitches much. The vocals fit the music well, but they're not anything spectacular.

Yes, this is a short review, but it's not because I couldn't write any more about the band. You have to check them out yourself to get the full effect. The music is punishing, but yet melodic and structured. If I had to compare Big Business to another band, CKY come to mind, but Big Business are a lot heavier and in my opinion, better musicians. To say I am glad I found this band would be an understatement. I'm sure you will appreciate them as much as I do once you hear them.

BlindMelon45
    there pretty good. saw them open for Tool in Huntington, WV in July. drummer is really good. singer, cant really understand him live, but it sounds good tho.
    Cafas
    They're awesome. I also saw them opening for Tool, though I had their albums before that. I wouldn't call them a hardcore punk band though...