Space And Time Volume 1 review by Bill Palmer

• Released: Dec 12, 2016
Bill Palmer: Space And Time Volume 1

Everything on this EP started with the electric guitar. They are solo instrumental guitar pieces that bring a new concept into the genre of instrumental guitar music. This music is intuitive and amazing. The compositions themselves are very unique and offer the listener a variety of sounds, effects which not being too hectic. There is space and time between moments.

The sound quality is amazing. Bill personally recorded, mixed and mastered the entire EP. There is no evidence of pops or clicks and the way the mixing has been carried out means you have the ability to understand and digest the music.

There are no lyrics. It is instrumental guitar music. The advantage here is that language is no barrier. The guitar is the voice in itself. It provides light and shade, shallow and depth so to speak. The music takes you on a journey.

The tones Bill has used are outstanding. There is a certain freshness about his compositions and playing style on the guitar. Truly gifted and imaginative. He uses different sound effects, pedals and guitars to achieve the quality and sounds throughout the EP. Some is obvious and other parts are meticulously hidden within the music to allow the listener different aspects to enjoy each time they listen.

As a comparison, this is a tricky one. Bill's first album "Outlines" had stylistic similarities to Joe Satrini and Eric Johnson, however "Space and Time" is really a unique stand along product. It has flavors of experimental art music crossed between rock and ambient.

Personally, Reflections is my personal favorite. The music is intuitive and unique. Cross between easy listening and film/TV composition. I love the entire thing, the only thing I could say is that I wanted more. I'm looking forward to the release of "Volume 2." I would definitely buy again if it was lost or stolen.