The Future Embrace review by Billy Corgan

• Released: Jun 21, 2005
Billy Corgan: The Future Embrace

This album has a bit of a synth in it but it is carefully crafted not like some of the records from the eighties. If you are looking for a pumpkins album this is not it, this is a statement from Billy Corgan about himself and his beliefs not teen angst. The guitar work here is not used dominate but merely complement the music adding and enhancing it with with tidy and catchy riffs throughout the songs. Throbbing bass lines and plenty of synth are core of these songs.

Corgan's skills as songwriter show through on this album like all his others but unlike on most of his previous albums his lyrics have trancended into more like poetry but this merely helps the flow of the songs. In his lyrics Billy shows his fear "I cannot face tommorow" (Dia), his faith "I'm ready Oh lord I'm ready" (I'm Ready) and his optomism "All things change" (All Things Change). His vocal style has changed ever since zwan and he continues in style although he is a good singer he ocasionaly whines but this will only annoy people who haven't listened to him before.

This is a very good album as it shows us another side of Billy that we have seen before but in this album Billy hides nothing leaving everything open so people can see who he truly is. The standout songs from the album are basically all of them but the truly haunting 'Strayz' is a beautiful closer to the album. If this album was lost or stolen I would definitely but new copy as this album is one of the few albums that completely capture me.