Devil's Playground review by Billy Idol

• Released: Mar 22, 2005
Billy Idol: Devil's Playground

Billy Idol finally returns to the musical scene with his offering "Devil's Playground." This disk is a like watching a old movie, it still has the same draw it always had in your mind. The music itself still gives a classic Billy feel to it with hard hitting tracks like "Super Overdrive" and then it has combinations like "Rat Race." Devil's Playground is like a roller coaster straight out of hell, it has everything you should expect from the Idol Mind himself and some stuff you wouldn't dare dream of.

The lyrics themselves are blended so nicely with the guitar and overall feel for each song its hard not to enjoy it. A softer set of songs near the end of the CD let you hear what Billy can really do, he still has a hard sound to his voice when he wants to and yet can also give a great soft feel to a ballad type song like "Lady Do Or Die." Though for me soft really isn't my style, I was hoping to hear more of Billy at his best, and between you and me his best is when he is giving it hell.

The only way I can compare "Devil's Playground" with any other CD is if I went back to Billy Idol's older offerings. This still mantains Idol's skills and even expands those skills. The most impressive songs for me personally are "Super Overdrive" and "Rat Race" not saying the softer songs are bad, its just he is much better with harder forms of rock. I love the CD in general, there is not much I can say other then that. Billy Idol's return is welcome with open arm's in my own mind but why not just go and give it a try? You can't lose in the "Devil's Playground."

F***
    I would have to say this is my favorite Billy Idol cd ever. It kicks ass.