Billy Talent review by Billy Talent

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
Billy Talent: Billy Talent

Billy Talent is the band that came out of nowhere. And am I ever glad they did. They have such a fresh new sound and I welcomed it gladly. Their guitarwork is incredible, but considering they have only one guitarist, I noticed there's a lot of layering of the guitars. I'm interested to see how they pull it off in concert. But overall, a great rock album. Buy it!

Billy Talent have some of the wittier lyrics I have heard in a long time "I bet you throw your in box out" or "Santa seemed to miss my chimney". Their lead singer (don't know his name) most definitely gets his point across in very creative ways. His best lyrics are probably in the song "Standing In The Rain", which is about a prostitute. It makese so much sense it's crazy. Good stuff.

I have only one gripe about this album. After awhile, all the songs begin to sound the same. They have the same sounding guitar in all their songs and they use the same type of open chords. It sounds great, for awhile, and then it nags on you. The best thing Billy Talent have going for them is their energy and catchy anthemic vocals. I definitely suggest you pic this album up.