Billy Talent review by Billy Talent

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
Billy Talent: Billy Talent

This band is my favorite band to start with. They got killer guitar (Ian D'sa) and the vocals are amazing (Ben Kowalewicz), might I add hes a screamer (whcih I like). Most of their songs have a story behind them such as 'The Ex'. That song is about Ben's Ex girlfriend cheating on him with another guy. Also, 'Nothing To Lose' deals with teen suicide, they wrote that song about someone they knew in high school that comitted suicide. They are a rock/punk band and they really show it through and thoughout their album. They have great sound, lyrics, gitar, drums and bass there is nothing more you could ask for. If you want to see an amazing concert, go see Billy Talent live.

I was very impressed with the choice of lyrics, most of their songs have storys behind them but there are a few that the lyrics are pretty random. This singer is not your average punk/rock singer, he can scream for hours with out giving up, I know this for sure because I personally have seen them in concert and I know how much he gives'r. Never the less these guys rock hard.

I would have to say if you like the punk/rock style of music you will be obsessed with Billy Talent. I would have to say it is my favorite cd I own of that category. I feel that the most impressive song on this album are all of them. All the songs are great and all of them could be smash hits. If I had to choose one I would have to say either 'Line And Sinker' or 'How It Goes' because the energy that Ben brings to stage when he performs these songs is amazing. I love everything about this cd, it is also an enhanced cd so you can put it in your computer and watch there music video for 'Try Honesty' and you can view live footage of concerts and other things about the band. I absolutely hate nothing at all about this album and there band. If I lost this cd I would definately buy it again in a heartbeat! Buy there cd and go see them in concert cause these guys rock!