Billy Talent review by Billy Talent

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
Billy Talent: Billy Talent

Billy Talent brings a sound that holds distinctive features, most distinctivley the vocals. The CD is not their first. Their former name "Pezz" had released a few albums before discovering another band in the states was named Pezz. Ben Kowalewicz then came to the rest of the band with the name "Billy Talent," which was inspired by a character in the film Hard Core Logo. Billy Talent is a great example of punk/rock style music.

The lyrics where excellent once I figured out what the song was about. For example, Try Honesty shows the painful events of child abuse. Nothing to Lose shows a male teen who is constantly teased and bullied until he finally breaks, committing suicide. This is How it Goes shows the emotion of a friend diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Standing in the Rain shows the painful recollections of a heroine addicted prostitute. Ben Kowalewicz (lead singer) has a distinctive (has been described as whiny) voice which helps deliver the vocals excellently!

Cut The Curtains and This Is How it Goes have the most meaning to me, with the lyrics and the guitar performance. I love everything about the album, there are no faults in my view. If the CD where stolen or lost, I would not only make the theifs life a living hell, but I would stop off at HMV and buy another one!