Billy Talent review by Billy Talent

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
Billy Talent: Billy Talent

Ok, what can I say, amazing CD. You know how most CD's have filler or crap songs and only 2 singles? Billy Talent has a CD with all good songs. I was blown away by there punk/hardcore style. I am in a punk band from the GTA and if I could be like any band, Billy Talent wins. They have the most unique sound. It has fast finger picking, amazing riffs, great bass and great drumming. I ususally hate screamers but they have won me over on vocals. They don't follow the usual 3 note chord progression, amazing style. Good job guys!

Well, I am a lyrics hound and these ones are really good. Metaphors, screams, emotion and catchiness. I hate songs so catchy they get stuck in your head but Billy Talent, I could hear all day and not even get bored. I especially like the lyrics for Line and Sinker and River Below. If I could write lyrics like them, I would be the happiest man alive. I like how they blend singing with screaming. It doesn't over power the singing and blends in well. I like the whiny singing and screams together, pure genious. Lyrics go great with music.

Well, I have always been a punk guy and have started listening to more "emo/hardcore" stuff. I think this is my favourite Canadian artist album ever. I want to see them in concert soon and if they never made a comeback, I would still listen to them and never forget the TO band that revolutionized the punk/emo sound.