Billy Talent review by Billy Talent

• Released: Sep 16, 2003
Billy Talent: Billy Talent

If you're a fan of new rock, you're probably already (or going to be) a Billy Talent. They have to be one of the most original punk-rock bands out there, and if you enjoyed singles like "Try Honesty" and "River Below," you'll love the rest. If you're into it only for that emo-ish song "Nothing to Lose", you might be disapointed, since thats the only track of the genre. Other great tracks are "This Is How It Goes," "Living In The Shadows" and "Prisoners Of Today."

The lyrics aren't completely, overwhelmingly amazing, but they are pretty good. Some of them are pretty hard to figure out what he means "Inside an office/A fallen angel/A smiling Buddha with snake eyes/creates the latest trends/and they just can't pretend/don't call me your friend." Then again, some are pretty catchy "We're breaking up the city/No time for wasting away/So tell me why should I stay/A prisoner of today." Overall, the lyrics work awesome with the music, and Ben, whose vocals were somewhat whiney in there previous release as Pezz sound awesome. Plus, he's a screamer.

It doesn't compare to most albums, because it simply blows most away. While the songs barely ever have guitar solos, they're all based on great guitar riffs with a nice distortion. It comes with the "Try Honesty" video (one of my personal favorites), along with a behind the scenes video, with some live footage. If it were stolen, it would be mandatory to purchase another one, maybe two just in case.

.N30C0N.
    I love this album! Can't wait till the new one comes out though (if they are
    OttovanZanten
    Yea, i love it too i think there will be a next cd, you can download the song Red Flag with limewire or some other P2P software, its suposed to be a song of the new album