Billy Talent II review by Billy Talent

• Released: Jun 23, 2006
Billy Talent: Billy Talent II

With the 2 year wait we had for this album to come out, it was worth every second. The band has tried different approaches in this album, from Devil In A Midnight Mass (Hardish Punk) to Pins And Needles (Softish Punk), to Worker Bees (Originality on their side). They have worked a lot on this album, and it shows. Their new album still has that punk kind of sound, with every song having their own special thing. They have worked harder having better and longer solos, a little less screaming, which for some is great. I was very impressed with what they did with this album, the long riffs keeping you listening. Some cons are the sound does get repetitive. The verses sound the same, the choruses sound the same, and sometimes a little jumpy, but they make up for it in the end. This album was very unique.

The lyrics for this album were downright amazing. There was not a second where the lyrics didn't make you think. Worker Bees, for example, has that influencial style that it's really about worker bees. If you think carefully though, it has nothing to do with worker bees, more about the government and terrorism. The go from religion, to politics, to their old style stuff. I noticed in this album they love using the word sting in their lyrics. Red Flag, like the smallest bee packs a sting, Worker Bees, if you resist us you will feel our sting, etc. Overall, the lyrics for this album were very creative just like their debut. Ben's singing was great, very emotional. The way he sings makes you wanna keep listening til the song is over, then listen to it again! For each song you can actually feel a story being created like in Pins and Needles or Burn The Evidence. This albums lyrics were amazing.

Overall, I recommend this album for Punk Rock fans. It has probably got the most impressive sound since their debut. No album can compare to this one, it's very original. The songs that really blew me away were "Worker Bees", "Pins And Needles", "Perfect World" and "Burn The Evidence". Not only did the sound come out great, bt the lyrical section is just amazing to these songs. Most people might have to get used to their new style they use here, but they wanted their new album to sound far from the same! "Where Is The Line?" and "In The Fall" have this weird kind of sound to it, in a good way of course. With the lyrical sounds, jokes, and propaganda they have in this album, it makes one of the best albums out there in my opinion. Once again, this is Billy Talent II, and I highly recommend you get this CD.