Billy Talent II review by Billy Talent

• Released: Jun 23, 2006
Billy Talent: Billy Talent II

Billy Talent is one of those occasional punk bands with a completely unique and original sound and they've definately pushed the envelope since their last album. This album sounds amazing. Virtually every song is fresh and gives a different feel to the song. They write their songs by using stuff in the news/their lives and incorporating it into their music. E.g. Devil In A Midnight Mass (amazing track) is actually about the molestation of 150 kids by the priest who was accused and convicted (later killed in his prison cell). Overall, this album sounds and feels amazing.

The lyrics are fairly simple but fit in perfectly with the music. Afterall, why would you want to hear something totally complicated? Usually. Ben Kowalewicz's (lead singer) voice is very unique compared to any other artist I've heard and completely fits in with the music (especially their amazing live performances). Ian D'Sa (guitars/vocals) and Jonathan Gallant (bass/vocals) sing along with a lot of the vocals and this provides a great blend and is also one element that gives them their uniqueness.

Personally, I think this is the best punk album ever released by anyone. The guitar parts are slightly different from usual punk style (barred chords mainly) but thats all part of their great sound. I love every song on this album but in particular the best would be 'Pins And Needles,' 'Devil In A Midnight Mass,' 'Red Flag,' 'This Suffering' and 'Fallen Leaves.' My advice to everyone reading this would be to buy it if you are into anything punk, heavy, slightly soft. So, overall, this is a wonderful album and my advice would be to go out and get it.

boyan89
    k there is 13 songs get that straight there is no bonus tracks on the album!!!the song When I Was A Little Girl as i mentioned above is on the Watoosh! album and i would know cuz i have it
    jabber025
    i dont know much about covers or other songs, i bought mine on the 27th on HMV and it only had 13 songs. The Navy Song was changed to In The Fall and When I was A LIttle Girl is from Watoosh! Beach Balls is from their original Try Honesty Album(which i happen to have)..just clarifying...(and yes, i was physically there when i bought my album)