Billy Talent II review by Billy Talent

• Released: Jun 23, 2006
Billy Talent: Billy Talent II

This album was defintely great. Obviously, the song 'Surrender', track number 9 on the CD, was a love song. But I also realized, that in every song, there's a bit of the real Billy Talent. What I mean is, that 'Surrender' starts off all emotional and soft, and then at the bridge, they go all punk. This is kind of the same with the song 'Pins and Needles', track number 5 because they start off a bit less emotional but still is a bit soft for Billy Talent, I felt. But again, at the bridge just like 'Surrender', they begin to show the real Billy Talent. The song 'Where Is The Line?', however, was a bit too cheery for me at the beginning. The song felt a bit wierd, I don't really know how to explain it. But although the song lacked the good sound it needed to be one of their great songs, it had a very good message: be yourself. I found that the 'Devil in a Midnight Mass' riff really fit the sound perfectly. It sounded almost evil and perfect with the message that Billy Talent were trying to show everyone.

I thought the lyrics were much more thought out in this album than their first album. You could tell that the messages of these songs were much more clear than the first album. I think the lyrics fit perfectly with the music almost perfectly for every song. With 'Where is the Line? ', I especially liked the chorus and how the lyrics went along with it. I would say that 'Burn The Evidence' and 'Where Is The Line?' had the least well thought-out lyrics. For 'Where Is The Line?', I mean in the verses.

This album has been one of the most inspiring albums ever. There's music of the same type and genre, but the way the music is played makes it all the more unique. I feel that Billy Talent are truly original and their songs are not a copy of style from something. In every song on this album, there is a lot of picking from the guitar, and still they manage to make it sort of punk rock.

billytalent94
    boyan89 wrote: billy talent are good but they slipped down a lot on this album i like the 1st one better
    Are you kidding me? The second is WAY better than the first. The first was good, but it lacked different style. What I mean is that the songs were really good, but they were all played in the style, hard. Maybe except 'Try Honesty ' and'Nothing to Lose '. Billy Talent II had way more style, from quiet to jumpy and to just plain guitar riffs.