Billy Talent III review by Billy Talent

• Released: Jul 17, 2009
Billy Talent: Billy Talent III

The sound is still the same unique punk rock of Billy Talent yet more mature and polished and also drained what little raw intensity they had but still overall it is a good album, better than II but not s good as I. Great overdriven guitars, pulsating basslnes, pounding drums and clean, polished vocals, great combo!

The lyrics on this are a lot more apocalyptic and darker than other albums, especially Saint Veronika. I must say WELL DONE BEN! You can tell a great effort was put in to ensure they weren't sounding too simple. You can hear also a use of metaphors. Ben sings in first person sometimes which may show the songs may be based on personal issues. Sometimes you may have to search too deep into the lyrics, still brilliant though. The album is also full of black humour.

I cannot compare the album to any other band! Billy Talent are unique, it's the reason they are where they are today! Best songs on the CD have to be Devil On My Shoulder, Tears Into Wine (the most impressive), Dead Can't Testify and Turn Your Back. 01. Devil On My Shoulder: 9/10, great song with great riffs. 02. Rusted From The Rain: 8/10, powerful bass driven intro, massive chorus. 03. Saint Veronika: 7/10, it's a good song, although it's one of the weakest. 04. Tears Into Wine: 10/10, my God! The best song on the CD by far! It is amazing, great guitar work in the intro and the chorus is brilliant! 05. White Sparrows: 9/10, great guitar playing on the soft verses, the chorus is a masterpiece! The bridge has a great riff! 06. Pocketful of Dreams: Great song, catchy as hell, stabs at the rich all the time! 07. Dead Can't Testify: 10/10, best song bar Tears Into Wine. Great opening riff and the chorus is to die for! 08. Diamond on a Landmine: 6/10, weakest song on the CD. 09. Turn Your Back: 10/10, a great punk driven song, great chorus. 10. Sudden Movements: 7/10: brilliant intro, although at times it gets dull. 11. Definition of Destiny: 9/10: brilliant intro, great fast song! I would buy this if it were stolen, etc. Without a doubt!