Scandalous Travelers [DVD] review by Billy Talent

• Released: Jan 4, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Billy Talent: Scandalous Travelers [DVD]

They had some good live recording in the bonus footage but about 80% of the footage during the 58 minute documentary were recordings. The acoustic versions of "Try Honesty," "Lies" and "Standing In The Rain" were excellent. The basic story of this dvd documentary was about them starting and playing small clubs and progressivly moving up into bigger venues and travelling in larger bus's and player infront of larger crowds. They did well with there acoustic versions of those songs I previously listed and this dvd really shows how much they put into each and every show.

Content — 10
The DVD included a 58 minute documentary, still gallary, bio's on the band members and bonus features. This is a live concert DVD and shows what goes on and off stage with the band. This DVD showed most of the band playing there songs live and they had acoustic versions of their songs "Try Honesty," "Lies" and "Standing In The Rain". The only thing I could say about this dvd that is lacking is the extra stuff. They did not include anything about new stuff that they are working on but either than that it was an excellent dvd for the price (20$ canadian).

Production Quality — 10
There was nothing mind blowing about this dvd technical wise but that dose not matter because it shows you exactly everything about the band and shows all there shows when they just started out and others that are larger as the slowly progressed to being more popular. There were good layouts for selecting which part of the dvd you want to enter and the backrounds on each screen fitted in well with the theme of the DVD.

I would say that this is an extremly good buy if you like Billy Talent (I love them) or if you want to get into them and find out more about the band. I would have to say the most impressive thing about this dvd would be how much they showed about the band and what they have had to go through to get to where they are today. I loved everything about this dvd and the only thing I could change would be more live footage of them playing there shows because thats one of my favorite things I like to see in a DVD, but either than that it was excellent.