Little Worlds Review

9.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Little Worlds Reviewed by: Zombat, on may 06, 2004

Sound: This album takes a little getting used to as far as listening to it without hearing Bla beforehand. If you're a fan, however, quickly you find the songs that stand out the most, like Bil Mon, Puffy, and The Leaning Tower. As you listen to the whole CD more often, however, songs like 'Pineapple Heart,' 'Poindexter' and 'Sleeper' become favorites as well. The Flecktones really played around with everything here, from didgeridoos to some far east vocals. // 10

Lyrics: Not many lyrics, but thats to be expected with the Flecktones. The two songs that did have lyrics 'The Ballad of Jed Clampett' and 'Sleeper' are two entirely different things. 'Sleeper' is some great jamming with odd instruments, with the occasional vocals which complemented the song, 'the Ballad' however was a song complemented by music, which I didn't like in this case. // 6

Overall Impression: This album, a set of 3 CD's is a great addition to any Flecktone lover's library, after listening to it for about a half a year, only one or two songs I find myself skipping over. The Flecktones play around with many styles of music and create their own genre as usual. If you only listen to one song, I would suggest "The Leaning Tower," but just about every song is amazing. The composition of the album is excellent, its totally worth buying. // 10

Comments