Live Art review by Béla Fleck and The Flecktones

• Released: Sep 10, 1996
Béla Fleck and The Flecktones: Live Art

Among most of the Flecktones' CDs, I find this one to be the 'best.' Victor Wooten's work in some of the songs is just stunning, most prominently in 'The Sinister Minister.' Bla of course is on fire, and this is the type of concert you'd expect a riot to occur if it were stopped ... once again the combinations of multiple musics create a whole new genre of music, so complex it takes your full attention to truly experience the music, however its great background music for parties/work/whatever!

One song with singing - they did a cover of 'Oh Darlin'' which turned out quite well, and the singer, "Johnny C" was very good.

While its really not right to compare Flecktones albums, I'd say this is the best of all of them - it far outstripes "Three Flew over the Cukoo's nest" and has the action and spirit that 'Little Worlds' might lack a little in - perhaps thats from the crowds. I love the feel of the music, it makes me smile and lean back, absorbing the notes. If you've heard Bla and like the music, but are still unsure if you want to purchase the CD's, listen to this album/buy it.