Black Country review by Black Country Communion

• Released: Sep 20, 2010
Black Country Communion: Black Country

The latest Glenn Hughes creation has some awesome sound. Their are powerful bass and guitar lines. Some of the riffs are just fantastic. The riffs are a variety of bluesy Led Zep to heavy Sabbath. This mix of lighter stuff and metal is great and comes off really well. The metal songs are a bit of a break from the norm for Bonamassa but he hadnles it very well.

The lyrics are well thought out and well enunciated. They fit nicely with the music and allow for the brilliant solos and riffs to be heard. Some tracks have almost sing-a-long style music. Their is true energy dispersed through Hughes singing which is excellent on this album. However Hughes did not seem to have a lot of vocal range. All in all the energy and quality of the lyrics was great.

This album has made BCC in my top 10 avorite bands. It is reminiscent of Zep, Deep Purple and Sabbath, it takes classic rock and sticks it into a disc of brilliance. From the riffing song Black Country to the nostalgic Song of Yesterday there is might in every song. The best probably being Black COuntry, Sista Jane and Song of Yesterday. Anyone who like classic and hard rock will love this album.

BBoyBlaZe
    joe bonamassa is waaaaay overrated man,guitar and vocals, in this album all his solos are boring, in his solo stuff there are a few solos that are ok but nothing great, there are very few musicians that can play blues without being a stereotypical "les paul" lovers
    chy_qn
    I really waited for something more, especially after watching his great gig from Royal Albert Hall. It seems ... floppy to me. I don't think it's any bad, I just waited for something more original.
    Brokenit
    Glenn Hughes has had some great moments with Deep Purple, but this album is entirely forgettable and boring. There is a constant pounding bass pervading all the songs and the lyrics are meaningless and weak with the vocal levels drowning under the instrument levels, especially the bass. The sound levels seem to have a constant low droning tone with no dynamic range, soul or purpose. This is not classical hard rock music and cannot even vaguely be compared to the quality of Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep or Whitesnake rock music, which this band set out to achieve. Glenn said this is what they wanted to achieve in the accompanying DVD inside on the making of the CD. There is not one song on the album that is not meaningless or appeals to me in any way. I have been very disappointed as my expectations from Glenn Hughes and Jason Bonham were high.
    OJ12
    i just heard this album, amazing. I think they should be more bands like this. That can bring the 70s back.
    FVD
    ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!!! Lookin' forward to the next offering too. And while Glenn is currently writing and having already written a song with Derek, here's also hoping that Derek gets some more input into the albums. Sherinian's solo albums ROCK!!!! They should not be ignored, EVER!!!!
    Talentless
    I have lived in the black country in England all of my life. So I may just check this out!
    Raider76
    Hughes is so underrated.. his work with Deep Purple is ****ing killer.
    guitarinchris
    I thought Glen's singing sounded a bit too cocky for my liking, but overall I love the album. It's jammy. Tracks are pushing 10 minutes long at times. Joe's guitar playing is more tame because he's trying to stay out of the spotlight a little bit. He still rips it up though.
    haz_uk
    ...Hughes did not seem to have a lot of vocal range
    you might want to see a doctor about that hearing problem brah.